Saturday, March 8, 2014

Recipe: Twisty Pasta Primavera With Chicken

I don't know about you guys, but my family loves pasta and this is one low fat recipe I can get away with making that they will eat.

2.5 c. uncooked spiral pasta
2 c. chopped broccoli
3/4 c. sliced carrots
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 c. cubed cooked chicken breast
1 can reduced fat cream of whatever soup (Recipe called for reduced fat cream of broccoli, but I have never been able to find.  I usually use reduced fat cream of chicken)
1 c. fat free milk
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp garlic powder
pepper

Bring water to boil.  Add pasta.  Cook 4 minutes.  Add broccoli and carrots.  Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.  Drain and place in a bowl.  Add mozzarella cheese and coooked cubed chicken.  In anotther saucepan combine the remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Cook and stir until blended.  Pour over pasta mixture and toss gently.  Serve immediately.

6 servings
1 1/3 c. = 1 serving
286 calories
6 g. fat

No comments:

Post a Comment