Monday, March 3, 2014

Morning Smoothies

I make these up whenever I run out of them and put the bags in the freezer.  When I get up in the morning.  I grab the bag out of the freezer and put it on the counter to thaw a little bit while I shower.  Then I put in 1 c. of liquid (I like the almond breeze almond coconut milk unsweetened the best.  It is lowest in calories other than water, but water tastes nasty I think.), the contents of the bag, and 1T of chia seeds and blend.  I don't let it totally thaw because I like the really cold icy taste, but you could thaw completely if you want.

In bags to freeze:
1 c. spinach (I just put in a handful)
1/2 of a banana sliced
1-1.5 c. frozen fruit (I buy the big bags of frozen fruit at Costco.  I like 1/2 c. blueberries and 1-1.5 c. frozen mixed fruit.  I think it has strawberries, mangoes, papaya, pineapple)

I eat one of these every morning.  I haven't been sick once this Winter even when everyone else in my family has been.  It makes me feel healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment