Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Recipe - Mongolian Stir Fry

I made this the other night with the leftover veggies from our salad dinner on Sunday.  IT WAS SO GOOD and only 340 calories.  If you do it without the pasta it would be even less.  You can substitute chicken instead of the steak.   We bought Carne Asada thin sliced steak at our grocery store, so it was already in thin strips that we used.

1.0 lb(s), Flank Steak - Cooked
2.0 cup(s), Broccoli - Raw
2.0 tbsp(s), Oil - Olive
1.0 tbsp(s), Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
0.25 cup(s), Mr. Yoshida's Traditional Teriyaki Marinade and Cooking Sauce
5.0 tbsp(s), Chopped Green Onion, Raw
1/4 c. chopped celery
6.0 mushroom, 1 Mushroom Chopped
15.0 Strips (28g), Red Bell Pepper Slices
2.0 medium, Carrots - Baby, raw
6.0 oz(s), Spaghetti, Dry, Uncooked
minced garlic

Cook pasta according to package instructions.  Put oil in wok or pan along with red pepper flakes (you can do more or less depending on how spicy you want it), garlic, celery and carrots.  Add meat and stir fry until meat is cooked through.  Add other vegetables along with Teriyaki sauce.  Cook until vegetables are to the desired tenderness.  Stir in pasta.  Eat.  I'm not 100% sure on the measurements of the veggies and oil because I was just kind of making it up as I went, but I think that is pretty close.  I'll measure next time I make it and adjust if I was wrong.

Servings 5.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories 340
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14 g 21 %
Saturated Fat 4 g 22 %
Monounsaturated Fat 4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48 g 16 %
Sodium 522 mg 22 %
Potassium 143 mg 4 %
Total Carbohydrate 29 g 10 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g 6 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 18 g 36 %
Vitamin A 1 %
Vitamin C 124 %
Calcium 0 %
Iron 60 %

No comments:

Post a Comment